Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Meditations 03-01-07

The verses that I have been meditating on today seem to have two emphasis. The verses in Jeremiah and in Ephesians are talking of the great power of God and that it is more than we can even imagine. The other two verses in Colossians and Philippians's have a great emphasis on being thankful as I pray.

It is so easy to be asking God for things that we get in the rut and we begin to think that is what prayer is all about. We forget that to be thankful for what God gives us is probably more important than anything else. In I Thess 5:18 God says "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I think that is pretty clear on the importance of being grateful for what God gives us.

Many times when I have gone to prayer I have disciplined myself not to ask God for anything but to just be thankful to God over and over again for all He has done for me. Have you ever tried this? Try it. I think you will find it to be a great blessing and I think the Lord will appreciate your words of gratefulness.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the Lord in everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home