Monday, July 24, 2006

Devotions 24-07-06

Ps 146:9&10

"The Lord protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow; but He thwarts the way of the wicked. The Lord will reign forever, Your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the Lord!

Yesterday, I mentioned about the stranger or traveller.

Fifth, is the supporting of the fatherless and the widow. My wife grew up with out a father and that was very difficult for her. When she became a Christian then God became her father and protected her from many things that her eartly Dad should have done. Although my Dad was not a beleiver when I was home, he was a great Dad and protected me from many things and taught me things I still do today. But my heavenly Father has taught me much about Himself and having an eternal perspective. I am still learning from Him as I write.

Sixth, God thwarts the way of the wicked. I remember so many times how God has protected me from wicked things or people. I can never be grateful enough for all the evil I have been protected from in my foolishness and my sin. I must give God more praise and thanks for all the wicked He has thwarted in my life.

Seventh and last the Lord will reign for ever. He is the eternal God to all generations. He will always be there and do what He says. All I can say to sum up all He has done is "Praise the Lord". I hope this phrase will never be trite or common place but I will say it reverently and with my deepest gratitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home