Saturday, July 22, 2006

devotions 22-07-06

Ps 145: 4-6

"One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wonderful works, I will meditate. And men shall speak of the power of Your awesome acts; and I will tell of Your greatness."

This whole Psalm is so filled with thoughts of praise to God, His greatness, His everlasting Kingdom and how I should be telling others. As I examine these words I feel so inadequate in this very wonderful and noble task.

I think of my grandchildren back in America and how am I telling them of all the wonderful works of God in Estonia and around the world. How much time do I spend in meditating on God's wonderful works? Not near as much time as I desire and should. Others may speak of God great power and that is good but I want to tell of His Greatness. Lord enable me to proclaim You as I ought.

God is more than powerful, He is absolutely great. Nothing can compare with Him. I am so awed by this whole Psalm. I would really like to memorize all 21 verses and review it every morning before I begin my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home